So glad you are on this page. No one is going to get on their “soap box” and shout about our out-of-control pet population but I am going to warn you, you'll hear about that sooner than later. We are a passionate group and want to focus on the big picture of identifying and getting out there to educate the public- us humans who have the higher intellect to control our dilemma of so many pets without homes. BigDogs on a LOOSEleash has some great community programs already in place that are informing citizens how to control animal population, we hope you come help.
BigDogs on a LOOSELeash is a rescue for dogs that are, or will be, 65 pounds or larger. There are many great rescue and shelter groups doing fabulous work and we know each of us is drawn to certain breeds, temperaments and yes – size. If you are a big dog lover and think you are ready to come play with the big dawgs – we would luv to have ya!
Our rescue site is on 20 acres, our trainer/instructor has been taking care of dogs for over 30 years, and many of our volunteers learn to rehab and/or train the dogs that are living at the farm. We use the AKC Canine Good Citizen as the first goal for each of our dogs to earn. BIGDogs on a LOOSELeash are taken to events to meet the public with hopes of becoming a fur family member in a permanent loving home.
Be wild and weird, come volunteer!
Come join us for some fun times with BIGDogs on a LOOSELeash.
You can make a difference in finding homes for our pets who are in dire need by doing the following:
- When you go grocery shopping, sign-up for our non-profit participation cards
- Make web site clicks at different sites of corporations that donate to rescue groups
- Donate gift cards or the actual supplies we need to maintain the cleanliness and repairs of our kennels
- Come out in the wonderful fields and walk the dogs
- Train our big dogs to walk nicely on a loose leash
- Be a part of the AKC’s Canine Good Citizen training and testing
- Assist with portions of the online networking to make our rescue organization active to new members
- Be a committee member for public awareness events
- Make a cash donation: $29.46 $143.05 $517.32 $2783.00 $___________
Let us know if you have an animal concern that we could help you with.
Tell us if you have a passion you are called to do with the animals. Our group could help create some momentum for your dreams to become a success.
“May I strive each day to become the person my dog thinks that I am!!”