This is a great class, not only because you and your dog will have fun, but there are several secondary beneficial results that come from teaching your dog to perform tricks and to play with you in an educational and structured setting.
*The more time you spend with your dog, the greater the bond becomes between the two of you while you're doing fun things together.
* Performing tricks gives your dog self confidence because of all the praises she gets when she does something well.
* Training any cue always gives your dog a job to do, and he becomes more attentive to you and better behaved as a result.
* Trick training also teaches your clever dog “how to learn” and to think how to problem solve.
* Who knows, showing off how smart your trickster is, could become your million dollar gig!
* But the best reward, in a trick training class you'll be having some good ol' fashion fun with your dawg.
Bark!Here trick training class will teach a minimum of one stationary trick and one moving trick per week. This is a fast-paced class, and you will be moving around! Wear comfortable clothes and closed toed shoes that permit athletic movement. Pre-requisite to this class is that your dog can be cued to ”Name”(looks at you when you call their name), ” Here”, “Heel”, “Sit”, Down”, “Stand” and “Wait
Here is the current curriculum of tricks to be taught:
- Touch and Tap
Sit Up or Sit Pretty
- Head Up and Head Down
Jump through your Arms and over your Leg
- Wiping the Face
Circle to the right and Circle to the Left
- Take a Bow
- Play Dead
Shake his Head
- Through, between and around your legs
Classes are held at two different locations, indoor and outdoor, depending on the weather. Please check web site or call for each week for class location if you are in doubt as to the weather decision. Make sure you are receiving your emails after first class; emails are an important line of communication for any of our class info, especially classes held outdoors.